IN THIS SECTION
- Barry Street Health Center
- Behavioral Health
- Cancer Care
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Cardio Pulmonary +
- Chest Pain Center
- Delevan Health Center
- Dental +
- Diabetes Education
- Diagnostic Imaging +
- Digestive Disease Center +
- Durable Medical Equipment / Oxygen Supplies
- Emergency Medicine
- Holiday Park Health Center
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
- Immediate Treatment
- Intensive Care Unit
- Occupational Wellness Center
- Olean General Healthcare
- Orthopedic Surgery and Sports Medicine
- Outpatient Surgery Center
- Pastoral Care
- Rehabilitation +
- Salamanca Health Center
- Sleep Center +
- Surgical Services
- Volunteer Service
- Wound Care +
Complementing Olean General Hospital’s inpatient rehabilitation services, the Outpatient Rehabilitation Program assists people who require rehabilitation from specific ailments or conditions. As an outpatient service, participants do not need to have been a patient at the hospital and can participate in our programs via a referral from their physician to treat a specific condition.
The Outpatient Rehabilitation Program provides personalized care that is focused on helping patients achieve their goals and return to a lifestyle that is as fully functional and productive as possible.
The program specializes in the evaluation, treatment and rehabilitation of individuals with pain, recovering from medical procedures, or who have sustained musculoskeletal or neurological injuries with services that include:
- Physical Therapy – to return maximum flexibility and movement to limbs and muscles
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech Therapy – to restore or improve speech articulation or fluency and assist in the diagnosis and treatment of swallowing disorders.
- Wellness – an overall approach that deals with daily routines to improve well-being and health through lifestyle changes, diet, exercise and medication. The program features an exercise facility that former hospital patients can use for one month free of charge after their discharge. For others who wish to use the facility, there is a nominal monthly fee to use the facility as often as possible.
- Functional Capacity Evaluations – to determine specific limitations and potential that affects a person’s ability to return to work
- Total Joint Care Class - This class is offered the 1st and the 3rd Tuesday of each month to those who are scheduled to have a Total Hip or Total Knee Replacement. The class is designed to provide you with important information to make the process of having a Total Joint Replacement as smooth as possible and allow you to return to your optimal level of performance post-operatively. For more information or to sign up for a class call (716) 375-7485.
- Falls Prevention Program - The staff at Olean General Hospital's Rehabilitation Services department can assist you in decreasing the risk of falls in the elderly. We provide evaluations and treatment programs as well as conduct community educational programs. For more information call (716) 375-7485.
The Rehabilitation Services Department's friendly and caring clinical staff includes physical and occupational therapists and assistants and speech and language pathologists that are highly skilled at providing the care necessary to meet patient goals. Using a Team Approach, our therapists and assistants will work with patients to establish a treatment plan to achieve them.
The Rehabilitation Services Department is conveniently located on the first floor of the hospital. Convenient reserved parking or free Valet Parking available.
Outpatient Rehabilitation Services delivers benefits that include:
- A modern rehabilitation facility
- A comprehensive rehabilitation menu of services
- A caring and knowledgeable staff
- The latest in rehabilitation procedures and techniques
Search our online health library.
[ click here ]