Roswell Park Cancer Institute and UAHS to Sponsor Genitourinary Cancer Symposium
Posted on: 07/19/2011
Roswell Park Cancer Institute (RPCI) and two affiliate sites from Upper Allegheny Health System (UAHS), Bradford Regional Medical Center and Olean General Hospital, will sponsor the GU Cancer Update 2011 as part of the Regional Cancer Care Series. The program aims to familiarize urologists, oncologists, surgeons, internists and other healthcare providers with the latest methods of detection, diagnosis and treatment of genitourinary cancers. The event will be held Saturday, July 23 at The Pennhills Club, Bradford, PA.
Program chairs are Eyad Al-Hattab, MD, Medical Director of Oncology/Hematology at Bradford Regional Medical Center Cancer Care Center and Assistant Professor in the Department of Medicine at RPCI; and Roberto Pili, MD, Professor of Oncology and Chief of the Genitourinary Section at RPCI.
Additionally, the following faculty will present at the program:
- Saby George, MD, Assistant Professor, Department of Medicine, RPCI
- Khurshid Guru, MD, Associate Professor, Department of Urology, RPCI; Director, Roswell Park Center for Robotic Surgery
- Gregory Hare, MD, Assistant Professor, Department of Radiation Medicine, RPCI; Clinical Director of Radiation Oncology, Mildred Milliman Radiation Medicine Center, Olean General Hospital
- Carrie Silliman, NP, Department of Medicine, RPCI
- Willie Underwood III, MD, MPH, MSci, Assistant Professor, Department of Urology and Office of Cancer Health Disparities Research, RPCI
The presentations will focus on surgical and medical updates regarding kidney, bladder and prostate cancers. The GU Cancer Update will also feature case presentations and a panel discussion moderated by Dr. Al-Hattab.
The program is open to physicians, other healthcare professionals. Attendees should preregister for the symposium either online, at http://www.roswellpark.edu/CMEconferences, or by calling Denise Hammell at 716-845-8178.
##Back to archive
Search our online phone directory.
[ click here ]